Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Welcome to my kitchen

Since I love to cook so much, and my friends love to eat, I decided to start my own cooking blog. In this space, I will introduce you to Thai cooking and share my experience and experiments.

I want to give credit to my mother who forced me to help her in the kitchen when I was younger. I hated it at the time, but now I'm grateful to her for the knowledge that I absorbed under her guidance. Thanks , mom! I started to cook because it's cheaper, and it allows you to use ingredients of your choice. In restaurants, it's hard to avoid food that is greasy or sugary, which I found unappetizing. You are what you eat, so I choose to eat healthy. In my cooking, I like to use a variety of fresh herbs, spices and ingredients. Within one basic dish there is room for many variations depending on which ingredients you use. You can pick ingredients that you like to make your own recipes from my basic dishes. I will encourage you to cook with what ever is in your fridge. Normally, I don't measure exactly when I cook, but in this blog I will post recipes with measurements as guidelines for novice cooks. I hope that you will use my recipes as a starting point, but cooking is like art; feel free to experiment and be yourselves. If the idea of preparing a meal and cleaning up afterward is intimidating, don't worry. I'm here to help. ^_^

In this blog, I will post Recipes, Cooking Tips ( including how to find Thai ingredients), and Advice on Healthy Eating.

For next time, I'll start wit an appetizer that is in Thai restaurants, but surprisingly easy to make, and cheap too. ^_^"

No comments:

Post a Comment